People are using Simplenote to keep notes, lists, ideas and more. Your notes automatically synchronize with your computer and all your devices. It's extremely easy to use. For those who want more power, you can also use tags, pins, versions, and…..
What's New in Version 3.1.4
3.1.3 / 3.1.4 changes:
- properly restored compatibility with iOS 3.1.3
- fixed crash when swiping the "Add an item" row (premium)
- fixed rare crash when updating lists
- fixed orientation lock no longer working
- fixed sharing icon not disappearing after unsharing a note
- fixed settings sometimes triggering the wrong settings when tapped
- improved user experience for publishing a note
- fixed a problem where lists don't sync correctly
- fixed inability to disable ads for paid users
- fixed a crash with iOS versions less than 4.0
- fixed passcode lock starting locked for some people
- first list item is now treated like a title (premium)
- fixed problem where tags might not sync if you have more than 50 of them
- fixed currently visible list hanging around after you sign out
- fixed strange tag getting created if you tap Done while a tag cell is highlighted
Added option to lock the app with a passcode
Improved tags and sharing
- tags can now be added to a note via autocompletion
- you can tag people (email addresses), and the note will be shared with those people automatically
- you can add people to a tag to create a group tag
- notes with a group tag get shared with everyone in the group automatically
- tags can be renamed
- tag syncing is greatly improved
Dropbox syncing (premium only for now, configured through the web app)
Basic support for lists (premium only for now)
- easily turn any note into a list
- accessed in the note info screen
- list items can be edited inline
- list items can be rearranged by dragging
- list items can be crossed off by swiping
- lists are stored as plaintext for compatibility
- fixed an intermittent crash when the note list updates
- fixed slowdown when typing in larger notes
- fixed toolbar sometimes disappearing when using versions
- fixed not being able to use spaces in passwords
- word count now reports actual count rather than an estimate
- improved note list preview for notes that have a single paragraph of content
- removed redundancy in note list previews when viewing notes by tag
- fixed occasional display problems with note info
- fixed published notes erroneously disabling the sharing button
Rated 4/5 based on 3 customer reviews.
Much better than Apple's Notes
After having lots of problems with Apple's Notes (bad syncing, notes disappearing) I switched to Simplenote. It's a major improvement. I will never use Apple's Notes again.
Simplenote doesn't sync to your computer. It backs up your notes (over wifi) to the Simplenote website. The app prompts you to set a username and password -- this takes seconds. Once you do that, you can retrieve your note files from the Simplenote website. You can also edit your notes in the browser, and your changes will sync BACK to the iPhone or iPad. I've already done it, and it's a snap. Also, Simplenote uses Helvetica on a white background, which is better than the default app's Marker Felt on yellow.
Simplenote includes ads -- you can disable them with a $4.99 one-time payment, which is well worth it if you're a big note-taker. (You don't need to buy the "premium" services to disable ads. I use the app many times a day and I've found no need for it.)
As for the negatives, there is no in-page search. You have to search ALL your notes for the word you're looking for. (Hard to believe, but it's true.) That wouldn't be a big deal if it worked properly. But the search function is so buggy it is maddening. This should have been fixed 7 -- yes, seven -- updates ago. The yellow box that spotlights the word is frequently in the wrong place, and it often doesn't show up at all. The developers said they were aware of this bug a year ago, but still no fix. As far as I'm concerned, search is the only con. Otherwise a solid app that I use many times a day.
Nice and simple
This app does exactly what it says. The fact that all of your notes are synced online is even better when you are at another computer.
My favorite app, period.
Matt Martin write:
It takes a little while to figure out where to use this in your daily workflow, but then you realize it works everywhere. To dos, gift ideas, links for later, grocery list, notes, random ideas, you name it and simplenote helps. Just make sure to pick up notational velocity on the Mac.
Write a Review
The information may be outdated. For actual information go to iTunes
Related to «Simplenote» applications
Welcome to SimpleApps.ca.SimpleNotes will allow you to take a short notes on the iPhone, will allow notes to be categorized. Sort notes according to category and date,add an image to each category… [more..]
Price: free |